(How to get started)
Getting Started With Your
Certified Muscle System Specialist™
STEP 1: Contact Us
Call 813-601-2007 and let’s have a quick chat about your needs and initial questions. If we both agree that a face-to-face meeting is warranted to discover more detail about your needs, provide more specific answers to your questions, and discuss the details of our process, then we’ll schedule a face-to-face Consultation at our office. If you, or we, decide that we are not a good fit, then we may give you some suggestions on where to turn next.
STEP 2: Initial Consultation (60 minutes)
During this first meeting, we will discuss your fundamental objectives:
- What are your biggest concerns about not moving well and not feeling well?
- Where are you feeling pain, and how is it affecting your life?
History Matters! Knowing how much stress your body is currently undergoing and how it will respond under that stress is crucial. We need to do a thorough review of your medical history; injury history; current areas of pain, tightness, or discomfort, and the events leading up to the onset of these symptoms; medications, and sources of life stress.
The more information we have about you, the history of your body, and the stresses it is under, the more information we have to guide you toward success during our decision-making and problem-solving processes.
STEP 3: The Muscle System Assessment (90 minutes)
The assessment will provide us all with valuable information about your body’s current state. We want to know how much stress it’s under currently and what happens when we introduce a little more stress.
- Assessing any asymmetries in your
- Standing and supine posture
- Limb circumference
- Standing body weight distribution.
- Assess quality throughout your muscle system using a technique and thought process unique to the MSS™ (Muscle System Specialist).
- Systematically identify areas with suboptimal mobility and control, which will help identify where your system may not be functioning at its best.
STEP 4: The Report of Findings and Initial Muscle System Treatment Session (60 minutes)
If you’ve been very unsatisfied with the traditional approach to your muscle health and performance, this is important to us that you, our client, be an active participant in the process of re-educating your muscle system.
You and your MSS™ practitioner will review your results and your proposed personalized action plan. If you approve our findings and plan, you will then have your first session to begin the process of restoring your muscle system to optimal function so we can start solving your problems!
Move Better…Feel Better… Live Better!
We never guess or make assumptions nor do we not want to waste time going down the wrong path. We test, retest and always validate.
STEP 5: One-on-one Session Work and Continual Assessment
Your body is an expert at hiding its problems and we will always be working toward your initially stated fundamental objectives with these personalized sessions focused on improving your muscle system control.
Each session will focus on exposing these problems by using strategic methods for improving areas in your system with low-quality control, and continual assessment of your system is weaved into each session.
As your muscle system quality improves, which may lead to less pain and discomfort, we will continue to introduce an extensive set of skills (think of tools in a toolbox):
- Various screening tools to flush out more complex, subtle areas of the body whose low-quality control may be affecting you.
- Multiple strategies for training muscle tissue to tolerate various stressors it may encounter in your daily life, work, and hobbies.
- Extensive knowledge of physics and biomechanics to design and progress an exercise regimen tailored specifically for your system’s needs and goals.